Hario V60 Brewing Guide
What you need
• Hario V60 Brewer
• V60 Filter
• Coffee Grinder or
• 21 grams of coffee
• Hot water
- Fold and rinse your filter in the Hario dripper with hot water. This serves two purposes, it preheats the brewer and gets rid of the paper flavor from the filter. Make sure to discard that water.
- Grind 21 grams or 3 Tablespoons of coffee to the consistency of kosher salt.
- Add the coffee to your brewer.
- Heat your water to around 205°F or just off the boil.
- Start by adding water to the ground coffee. You want to use just enough water to cover the top of the grounds.
- Let your coffee bloom for 15 seconds.
- After your coffee has bloomed you want to add more water. Pour the water in an even spiral slowly. Add more water every 10 – 15 seconds.
- If you're using a scale, you should aim for 360g.
- Enjoy your coffee :D