Filter Cone Brewing Guide
What you need
• Standard #2 or #4 Filter Cone
• #2 or #4 Filter
• Coffee Grinder or
•21 grams of coffee
• Hot water
- Measure 21g or 3 tablespoons of coffee and grind it medium fine or to the consistency of table salt.
- Fold and rinse your filter in the cone with hot water. This serves two purposes, it preheats the brewer and gets rid of the paper flavor from the filter. Discard that water.
- Add your ground coffee to the filter and zero out the scale.
- Heat your water to a range of 195-205°F.
- Start your timer once you have added the hot water. You want to use just enough water to cover the top of the grounds.
- Let your coffee bloom for 15 seconds.
- Pour the water in an even spiral slowly while bringing the weight up to around 380g by the 1:00 mark.
- Once you hit 2:00, your mug should be almost full (or you should have about 10 oz of brewed coffee). If there is still water in left in the brewer at this time, don’t sweat it. Remove the dripper from atop the mug and place it in the sink.
- Continue to let the coffee drain into your mug.
- Once you hit the 2:00 mark, your mug should be just about full.
- Enjoy your coffee :D