Aero Press Brewing Guide
- Grind 17g of coffee, 2 ½ tablespoons or one scoop using the included spoon. Grind your coffee to the consistency of table salt.
- Place the filter in the basket.
- Preheat and rinse both the filter and brewer with hot water. This serves two purposes, it preheats the brewer and gets rid of the paper flavor from the filter. Discard that water.
- Place the Aero Press on top of your mug and add coffee. The included funnel is helpful but not required.
- As soon as you add the hot water begin your timer. Make sure to saturate all the grounds within 10 seconds. Pour until you reach the No. 4 or 220g of water (if using a scale).
- Stir making sure all of the coffee is saturated. After stirring add the plunger to the brew chamber and slightly pull upwards to help create a pressure seal. Remember not to plunge yet!
- At the 1:15 mark, press down on the plunger gently while steadily giving pressure, making sure to stop as soon as you hear a hissing sound.
- Enjoy your coffee :D